The LOtC Quality Badge is intended to accredit all organisations that provide learning outside the classroom experiences where they are offering good quality teaching and learning experiences, and managing risk effectively.
In order to achieve the LOtC Quality Badge providers must demonstrate that they meet all of the Quality Indicators
They must also meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must engage with users directly to provide or facilitate good learning outside the classroom experiences. Providers of resources or premises only are not eligible to apply for the LOtC Quality Badge; however they might be eligible for another LOtC Award, see below. Organisations that solely provide training for providers of LOtC are not eligible for the same reasons.
- The provision must be accessible to schools and/or community groups searching the online LOtC Quality Badge database. Accessibility may be limited, for example geographically or by age range, but cannot constitute a 'closed shop'.
- Schools are not eligible to apply for the LOtC Quality Badge unless they provide formal LOtC provision that other schools and/or community groups can access, in line with criteria 1 & 2. Schools that don't offer external provision can apply for the LOtC Mark.
- The experience offered should complement and support teachers with the curriculum; providers offering curriculum or PPA (Planning, Preparation and Assessment) cover only are not eligible to apply for the LOtC Quality Badge.
- The experience offered must comply with all relevant UK & EU legislation.
For those organisations who aren't eligibile for the LOtC Quality Badge the Council for Learning Outside the Classroom has developed two new LOtC accreditations:
The LOtC Site Provider Award is intended to recognise those organisations which actively welcome schools onto their site/s and ensure that the sites and any other services provided meet the needs of schools. For more information please go to the LOtC Site Provider Award page.
The LOtC Resource Provider Award is intended to recognise those organisations that provide products and services which genuinely assist teachers in delivering LOtC, and work with users to ensure that this is the case. For more information please go to the LOtC Resource Provider Page.